How do you choose the best DTH for your city? We help you decide.
Buying a good DTH connection if par for the course for households that want the very best in terms of TV viewing. But buying it not as simple as calling the first provider you come across! We help you buy the right DTH plan for your home.
How to get the best DTH plan
- Start with browsing packs from the leading DTH providers in your city. Providers like Airtel are present in every major Indian city and town. Check if the provider services your locality.
- Next, look for a mix of SD and HD channels in the packs that your browse. To quote Airtel as an example again, do note that the monthly pack rental only costs Rs 240 only. You have the option of choosing the channel bundle of your choice based on your city of residence. For instance, Delhi has 5 Airtel channel bundles to choose from: Rs 127 (81 channels), Rs 139 (91 channels), Rs 295 (120 channels), Rs 380 (120 channels) and Rs 452 (150 channels).
- Choose a pack that offers a mix of channels in genres and languages, as well as SD and HD quality.
- Initiate a call back by entering your contact details on the provider’s website. When the company contacts you, get an exact breakup of the costs involved for installation, equipment, channel pack/bundle, Network Capacity Fee (NCF), etc. Also make a note of which channels are free to air and which are charged a monthly fee. There should be nil hidden costs or post-installation charges that you are previously not informed about.
- Get the installation done in your home at a convenient time. The technical team will fit the dish antenna at a location that captures the channels the best way, connect the TV and set top box, and explain how to use the connection. Even the KYC process is done at this time.
- Leading providers like Airtel offer you the option to modify the pack at a later date, to include more channels or choose a different pack altogether.
- You should be able to recharge the DTH connection online in just a few minutes. Leading providers also offer cashback and other incentives for online DTH recharge.
What to look for when buying a DTH plan
Price points: The best plans in DTH are competitively priced and pack in a lot of channels and other good features.
Multiple plans: The more the number of pack combinations that the provider can offer, the more choice you will have between channels and packs. Look for multiple packs to make the right choice as regards genre, language and other preferences.
Quick response to queries: The DTH provider must be quick to respond to your queries when you book the pack. They must be equally responsive after the connection is fixed and you have any questions to ask.
Easy purchase: You should be able to book and pay for the connection online, without having to go to the provider’s store in your area.
Easy installation: The installation team should fix the connection in the least amount of time, without inconveniencing the household.