From Payroll software to recruitment, workforce management etc., the HR management software performs myriad of activities related to the administration of a company or organisation. But since the work modules of different companies and businesses are different, the software package too needs to be made in a way that people get value for money. Hence in order to ensure the adaptability of this software package, there are different types of HR management software available like:
- HR systems dealing core operations: This is the most common type of HR management system and comprises of the fundamentals of employee management namely:
- Personnel tracking which helps keep a track of every individual employee of a company,
- Benefits administration wherein benefits and incentives due to a worker are maintained and
- Payroll management which keeps a track of all avenues related to salary and emoluments that an employee needs to be paid.
- Strategic HR management systems: These are recruitment specific HR management systems which stress on:
- Personnel hiring,
- Attracting and cultivating talent,
- Smoothening the onboarding process of new employee etc.
In order to achieve this, these systems develop certain tools to help them execute the above strategic functions. These tools pertain to:
- Management kits to facilitate corporate learning,
- Tools for applicant tracking and recruitment,
- Techniques for employee retention etc.
This type of HR management system is generally purchased by companies involved in professional recruitment and also be employment agencies.
- End to end workforce management: The work of this type of HR management system starts off with the induction of new employees into the company payroll or administrative system. They basically deal with evaluation of an employee’s performance and integrate them into the companies accounting system so as to turn it into operable and intelligent data.
Basis the requirement of the company, it is best to understand thoroughly the features and benefits of the different types of Hr software and choose the one best suited for its needs.