The introduction of new software might seem to be the perfect SaaS business solution in theory but its practical adoption can cause quite a few hassles. New users are generally not very conversant with the same and learning can prove to be a time-taking and ineffective process, if training sessions are organized. Thus for the adoption of any new software, the use of either the onboarding software or the feature adoption software becomes a necessity.
There are several ways in which onboarding software can benefit the SaaS industry. Some of the relevant benefits include:
- Customer engagement: By making SaaS easier to use, onboarding software enables employees to reach the desired goals quickly and accurately. It can also be used to showcase the actual potential of a product to the relevant clients and customers thereby ensuring better customer engagement.
- Conversion rate increase: For all SaaS companies, conversion metrics measure the success or failure of a product. The decision to buy a product is generally taken within the first few minutes and it is thus important for software developers to ensure that customers are not left alone during these crucial moments. User onboarding software can help increase conversion rates by enabling software developers to give a well-designed tour of the software being sold.
- User education and retention are increased: SaaS business consists of two critical things:
- Getting a customer to purchase a product and
- Ensuring he keeps paying for the product.
But paying users will only keep paying for those products which they feel are easy to use. The use of onboarding software solutions enables software developers to provide an interactive product guide which will easily educate the user and hasten the adaption and adoption process for the user. Thus onboarding solutions help to increase opportunities for sale as well as up-gradation of products.
- Reduction in customer support hassles: The use of onboarding software keeps providing hands-on support intuitively at the point of work thereby reducing the need to call customer support which is a time and effort consuming process.
The incorporation of the onboarding software makes for good business tactics which are sensible, economically viable and a sales-oriented solution wherein the benefits far outweigh the cost.